Do You Want a Straighter Smile?
posted: Mar 28, 2017.
You are never too old to fix crooked teeth and to get the smile you want.
You never had braces growing up so it seems like it’s far too late as an adult to consider fixing your smile, right? Well, our Washington, DC cosmetic dentist, Dr. Leslie Bonner, would like to challenge this thought process. While the idea of wearing a mouth full of metal doesn’t sound ideal for any teen or adult, you don’t actually need metal braces in order to get that straighter smile. In fact, Invisalign makes it possible to get that dream smile without other people even being able to tell that you have braces.
It may seem hard to believe, but it is possible to fix gapping, crooked or misaligned smiles without other people noticing. Instead of bonding metal brackets to your teeth and connecting them through a system of wires, Invisalign uses clear, customized aligners that will fit over your teeth to move them into the proper position.
Invisalign is a great option for anyone in Washington DC who is looking to fix:
- Spacing between teeth
- Open bites
Invisalign is able to tackle everything from mild to moderate dental malocclusions. Both older teens and adults can benefit from choosing this orthodontic system over others and here’s why:
- It’s more comfortable than regular metal braces, which can irritate and cut up soft tissue. Each aligner is also made to fit over your teeth, so you’ll get an ideal fit every time.
- The aligners are also removable. While you will still want to wear them for about 20 to 22 hour each day they can be removed before meals and before brushing and flossing. This is a major advantage over traditional braces, which require you to change your diet and your oral care routine to accommodate your braces.
- The aligners are made from clear thermoplastic so those around you won’t notice them. This is a major advantage for older teens who are in high school or college, as well as adults.
- Aligners are easy to clean and care for compared to traditional braces.
- You can often get a straighter smile in less time with Invisalign than with traditional braces.
The Bonner Dental Network in Washington, DC is dedicated to giving patients of all ages the smiles they have always wanted. Whether you want to learn more about Invisalign or other orthodontic treatments we offer, give our office a call today.