What are Fillers?
posted: Dec 06, 2017.
How your dentist in Washington, D.C. can take years off of your face
Dermal fillers used to be administered only by dermatologists, but times have changed! Many dentists also provide cosmetic services including dermal fillers. So what exactly are dermal fillers? What can dermal fillers do for you? These are both excellent questions and Dr. Leslie Bonner at The Bonner Dental Network in downtown Washington, D.C. wants to help introduce you to the benefits of dermal fillers.
Dermal fillers are fluid, gel-like materials that are injected into your skin. They work by “plumping up” your skin and replacing youthful volume lost to aging. Your skin will look smoother and fine lines and wrinkles are dramatically reduced or eliminated.
At Bonner Dental Network, a trained specialist will help you decide on which dental filler material would be best for you. Botox and Juvederm are two of the most popular dermal fillers used to reduce the appearance of:
- Glabella; the lines between your eyebrows
- Furrows; the lines in your forehead
- Crow’s feet; the lines at the corners of your eyes
- Naso-labial folds; vertical lines from your nose to your mouth
- Lip lines; small vertical wrinkles from your nose to your lips
There are many advantages of dermal fillers when compared to other cosmetic facial treatments. Consider that dermal filler treatment is:
- Quick; treatment takes only a few minutes.
- Easily tolerated; a numbing spray can be used beforehand.
- Minimally invasive; treatment requires little to no downtime.
- Long-lasting; results can last between 6 and 18 months.
- Less expensive; treatment costs far less than other cosmetic services.
The number of injections you will need varies depending on the area or areas being treated. The cost of treatment depends on the number of injections. Your provider will discuss treatment options and cost beforehand and what you can expect from treatment.
If you’ve been thinking about dermal fillers, it’s time to find out more about how you can combine this treatment with your next dental visit. You can have a great smile and a younger-looking face all in the same appointment! For more information about dermal fillers call Dr. Bonner at The Bonner Dental Network in downtown Washington, D.C. today!